Is epoxy flooring good for homes? The Pros and Cons
Epoxy Flooring in the home. The Pros and Cons. Epoxy flooring is a great option when it comes to your home. It’s made with a highly durable resin that allows for multiple aesthetic changes as well.Subject: Flooring - Sub Subject: Epoxy Flooring
Date: 12/25/2020 Status: ACTIVE
ANSWERS Write an Answer
❝Is epoxy flooring good for homes? The Pros and Cons❞ answers. technician asked first. Total 1 replies.
Epoxy flooring is a creative way to coat your floors and make a safe, durable, appealing work space.Epoxy floors are growing in popularity, and it’s easy to see why:There are many benefits to installing epoxy flooring in your home, and really only one con.
- Easy to keep clean – Epoxy is known for its sleek finish. The resin, once cured is smooth and shiny. When correctly installed, epoxy flooring is easy to sweep and keep clean. Unlike your average floors, not much latches onto this surface, making it easy to clean. Perhaps the best feature of epoxy flooring is how easy it is to maintain.Epoxy floors are renown for being easy to clean.Sweep up debris effortlessly and quickly, and mop or wipe it down with a cloth to get rid of any spills.It doesn’t get much easier than that!Epoxy floors are most popular in garages, and even oil and automotive fluids are no problem to clean up quickly and completely.
- Extremely durable– Epoxy flooring is also known for its durability, and will protect your floors from all types of impact.You can drive on it, park on it, store heavy equipment on it, or lay out your tools and work on a major project, causing no damage to the floor.It takes a pretty sharp or heavy projectile to damage this sturdy and long-lasting material.
- Extremely safe– Epoxy is a very safe coating for your hard floors.It’s slip resistant, shock resistant, and less abrasive than concrete and other types of industrial flooring.It’s also water resistant, and will protect your floor from any spills, including harsh chemicals that would harm other types of floor.It can also withstand heat of up to 200 degrees, making it a better choice than most other types of flooring when it comes to fire resistance.
- Polished, clean look– Epoxy floors are virtually seamless, creating a smooth and uniform look.Beyond that, the glossy finish makes a professional and clean appearance.It can turn a garage or warehouse into a showroom, and can turn any type of space into an extension of your home.Some homeowners even choose to have epoxy flooring in their mudrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, or really anywhere.The finish creates a modern look, and the other benefits are still there.
- Colorful– As a bonus, epoxy is available in a wide array of colors or color combinations.Use a solid gray or beige to further enforce the uniform look, or choose the an exciting color combination or the colors of your favorite sports team to make the space your own.
- Compared to other flooring options, epoxy coating is known to come out a winner. Its per square foot cost is lower than other types of flooring. Epoxy coatings are installed directly over concrete, making installation costs cheaper.
- These floor coatings are known to be highly durable. They are resistant to most substances e.g. oil, bleach, cleansers, gasoline, etc. this is one of the main reasons why it’s used in commercial environments.
- One important factor to consider when choosing flooring is bacteria. Epoxy floorings are resistant to bacteria. They are easy to sanitize, making them ideal for homes with children, the elderly, and someone with a compromised immune system.
- Epoxy is known for its durability. These floor coatings have a longer lifespan than other floor types. The resin used to coat the concrete is impermeable and therefore no substance can get through the material that can compromise its lifespan. Even concrete isn’t as long-lasting as epoxy. Epoxy coatings can easily be applied to cement without mortar or glue.
- Epoxy coating protects the concrete that lies below. Once the epoxy coating is applied and cured, the concrete is protected from moisture, grease, cracks, etc.
- For most homeowners, one of the most important reasons for choosing epoxy floors is the diverse variety it offers in terms of aesthetics. Apart from different colors, you can also choose from a range of surface finishes.
- Daily wear can take a toll on the luster of epoxy floors. Excess traffic can fade away the polished look, slightly dulling it over time. However, this problem can be easily addressed by applying a layer of polish.
- When changing the floorings of your home, having epoxy flooring installed can be tedious. The preparation that goes into the process is extensive. The concrete floor must be thoroughly cleaned and free of grease and solvents.
Benefits of Epoxy Flooring - Toronto Epoxy Flooring
Flooring / Epoxy Flooring Epoxy coated floors are not porous as the bare concrete floors. Epoxy coating products do turn concrete floors into smooth surfaces. This makes cleaning these floors easy to clean. Due to this easy to clean tag, epoxy coating is a good pick, especially for manufacturing and residential floors.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EPOXY FLOORING?
Flooring / Epoxy Flooring Epoxy flooring has several advantages. It is quick and easy to install. Thanks to regular routine maintenance, your floors will always stay as good as new. Epoxy concrete floors are sealed in a liquid-tight manner.
ARE EPOXY FLOORS WATERPROOF?
Epoxy coating is an effective system to protect porous concrete from splashes. An epoxy coating is waterproof and durable, resistant to liquids that would otherwise seep into cracks and other hazardous areas of the concrete floor below. And because the surface is smooth and homogeneous, epoxy makes it easier to wipe up puddles and other dirt that may occur.
This flooring option is even suitable for areas where there is a lot of water, such as pool decks. Yes, you can use epoxy flooring outdoors! Some types of epoxy flooring are designed to resist UV rays and retain their color for years of exposure to the elements.
WHAT ROOMS CAN YOU DO WITH EPOXY COATING?
Epoxy has long been the best solution for durable garage flooring. But did you know that you can also use epoxy in your home? Not only is it possible, but epoxy can have amazing results inkitchens,basements,driveways, and much more.
HOW LONG DOEPOXY FLOORS LAST?
Epoxy floors are very resistant, they usually resist 30 years with regular residential traffic. The performance of the floor depends on the way you preserve the surface.
ISEPOXY FLOORING GOOD FOR HOMES?
Yes, Epoxy is good for your home. It’s easy to maintain and to keep clean. It’s also very durable and very safe. It gives your floor an awesome look.
ON WHAT SURFACES COULD YOU APPLY EPOXY ON?
An epoxy coating can provide a protective and aesthetic layer to any hard surface such as:
ISEPOXY FLOORING CHEAPER THAN TILE?
Overall, floor tiles will run you about $4 to $11 per square foot (with installation), while epoxy will cost you between $3 and $10 per square foot. Garage tiles average $2 to $4 per square foot, making the materials more expensive. However, the installation is less than $1 per square foot.
AREEPOXY FLOORS WORTH IT?
Yes, epoxy floors are totally worth it. An epoxy floor can increase the value of your property, is easy to maintain, and gives your floor a unique and beautiful look. It’s also popular because of its resistance to water and the fact that it’s very durable.
HOW TO FIND EPOXY FLOOR COATINGS EXPERTS?
Do your research, look online for the most trustworthy companies. Read at the reviews, make sure the company you choose is fully insured and licensed.
How much does it cost to epoxy a garage floor? What is epoxy garage flooring? Garage floor epoxy flooring is a tough, long-lasting coating that you paint onto the concrete. An epoxy garage floor resists grease, oil and many other substances that would ruin ordinary paint.Flooring / Epoxy Flooring Answers: 1 2
Epoxy Flooring in the home. The Pros and Cons. Epoxy flooring is a great option when it comes to your home. It’s made with a highly durable resin that allows for multiple aesthetic changes as well.Flooring / Epoxy Flooring Answers: 1 2
What are the lights in the ceiling? How to install a ceiling fan with light?Home Decor / Ceiling Light Answers: 2 8
Do you need building regs for new windows?Windows / Requirements Answers: 1 1
How do I choose a fabric sofa? How to choose upholstery fabric for your sofaSofa / Fabric Answers: 3 4
How to Buy a Sectional Sofa? How to choose a sectional sofa? Are Sectionals good for small living rooms? Modern small and large living room sectional sofasSectional Sofas / Living Room Answers: 1 3
Best cheap sectional sofas leather sectional sofas or cheap leather sectional couch or cheap leather sectional furniture best sectional sofa reviews red black white leather sectional sofa clearance buy sectional sofa genuine leather sectional sofasSectional Sofas / Leather Answers: 1 5
Chesterfield sofas leather or velvet black collection: Black Leather Chesterfield Sofa Couch w/Tufted Arms Modern Tufted Wide Top Grain Leather Chesterfield Couch Sofa Chesterfield Lounger Home Furniture Sofas Couches for Living/Theater Room Sofa, BlackInterior Design / Italian Chesterfield Sofas Answers: 1 46
What's New Large Luxury Sectional Sofas? Modern leather Large Sectionals and sofas Luxurious Large Modern Sofas and sectional for living rooms A classy blend of comfort and sophistication, sectionals are an ideal choice for the ones who love to add elegance to their living room.Interior Design / Luxury Sectional Sofas Answers: 2 106
When choosing whether to buy a crib or a bassinet, the first thing you should consider is where in your house you want your baby to sleep. What is the best and low price crib designs?Baby Furniture / Wooden baby cradles Answers: 1 4