Microwave oven interfering with radio, TV or similar equipment.
• Clean door and sealing surface of the oven.
• Reorient the receiving antenna of radio or television.
• Relocate the microwave oven with respect to the receiver.
• Plug the microwave oven into a different outlet so that microwave oven and receiver are on different branch circuits.
Dim microwave oven light. • When operating on low power levels, the microwave oven light may be dimmer.
Steam accumulating on door and hot air coming out from vents.
• During operation, steam may be produced. Most will exit through the vents, however some may accumulate around the oven door.
House lights dim when in use.
• The outlet or wiring to the outlet may be underrated or the appliance may be operating on a shared circuit. Ensure the appliance is connected to a dedicated circuit.
Microwave oven will not start.
• Power cord not plugged in properly or switched on. Unplug, put the plug in again and switch on.
• Fuse blown or circuit breaker problem.Replace the fuse or reset circuit breaker.
• Trouble with outlet.Have a professional check that the outlet is not faulty.
Frozen snacks or other foods are not getting crisp or brown.
• Crisper pan is not hot enough.Preheat crisper pan for full 3 minutes.
• Too much food is being cooked at one time. Ensure that food is in a single layer and all pieces are touching the surface of the crisper pan.
• Thicker or denser pieces of food may take longer to heat through and dry enough for adequate browning. Choose a higher AMOUNT when programming a cooking cycle.
When defrosting meat or chicken pieces, the edges are overcooking.
• Food is being overheated. Remove food from microwave oven when still slightly frozen in the center. Allow to rest at room temperature or in the refrigerator until completely thawed.
When reheating food, it’s not getting hot all the way through.
• A large amount of food is being reheated. Pause the reheat cycle and stir large quantities of food 2 or more times, ensuring that the hot edges get stirred into the cold center.
• Large/thick pieces of food are being reheated. Flip thick steaks, bone-in chicken breasts and other large foods 2 or more times during reheating.
Microwave oven does not heat.
• Door not closed properly. Ensure door is shut properly. Ensure the power level setting are correct.
Microwave oven does not heat enough.
• Ensure the power level setting are correct.
Glass turntable makes noise during operation
• Turntable roller not inserted properly or needs to be cleaned. Reset and clean if necessary.
Ask me about:
Microwaves: 9 to 10 years
Microwaves will last between 9 and 10 years for most kitchens. While a microwave is a fairly complex gadget, there's not much you can do to help it last other than keep it clean and be gentle with the door.
Repair or Replace Microwave
A replacement appliance costs about $100 and should work for at least seven to 10 years. If your microwave is relatively new and the repair costs less than replacing it, the fix is worth it. In general, the problems worth fixing include: No light when the door opens or while cooking.
It's easy to tell if a glass fuse is blown; it will show scorch marks, and the filament will be melted. To check a ceramic fuse, use an ohmmeter or continuity tester. With an ohmmeter or multimeter, you should see a reading close to zero ohms if the fuse is intact, or infinite if it's blown.
Power surges like nearby lightening can cause the oven to stop working as a safety measure, but you can reset it easily.
Press the "Off/Clear' button to cancel anything on the display, and reset the microwave.
Press the "Off/Clear' button for three seconds to turn the "Control Locked" child lock off.
If your microwave oven doesn't heat, you may have a problem with the magnetron. This component is part of the high voltage circuit and provides the microwaves that generate the heat. If the magnetron is defective, the unit may blow a fuse, or you may still have all other functions operating normally.
Problem with the ceramic fuse
Another cause of the problem of microwave stopped working, no power could be the ceramic fuse. If the microwave is not starting and display is also blank then ceramic fuse may be defected. Unplug the microwave and then access the fuse from inside the cabinet which is near the power cord.
Askme / 4/20/2020 4:03:21 PM (Original: 1200X771 px)
Askme / 4/20/2020 4:04:29 PM (Original: 1280X794 px)
Hi i have a Breville microwave, all the functions are working as normal but my food is not getting hot at all, I dont understand microwaves but would love to be able fix it myself, can you help me with the diagnosis please?Breville / Microwave Answers: 0 7
How do I fix H2O error code on GE dishwasher: Indicates a low water situation. If H2O only appears during 1-Hour Wash, schedule service. Feel free to run any other cycle until that update is done.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 235
How do I fix 999 error code on GE dishwasher; Possible leak detected on models with “Floor Protect with Alert” feature. All others: The unit’s control needs to be reset.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 47
How do I fix Leak Detected error code on GE dishwasher; Possible leak is detected. The cycle will be cancelled on models with leak detection. If LEAK DETECTED is displayed, contact service.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 38
How do I fix C8 error code on GE dishwasher; This display indicates that the detergent cup is blocked from opening fully. Remove obstruction (i.e. silverware, pan). Relatch door and wait 30 seconds for cup to open.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 38
How do I fix C7 error code on GE dishwasher; The dishwasher’s water temperature sensor circuit has become inoperative. Disconnect the power at the circuit breaker for about 30 seconds and then reset the dishwasher.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 16
How do I fix C6 error code on GE dishwasher; Water temperature is too low. Water temperature coming into the dishwasher should be at least 120 degrees F. Run the faucet adjacent to the dishwasher prior to starting the dishwasher to purge any cold water from the line. Adjust the water heater temGE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 15
How do I fix C5 error code on GE dishwasher; The pump out time is too short. Make sure that the water supply is turned on. Try the same cycle again. Tap on the float cover to unstick the float. This is the plastic cover that looks like an upside down cup in the front left corner of the floor of tGE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 12
How do I fix C4 error code on GE dishwasher; Machine filled twice after a power failure. Float switch stuck or failed. Clogged drain or sump. Touch start and then cancel/reset. Tap on the float cover to unstick the float. This is the plastic cover that looks like an upside down cup in the front lGE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 25
How do I fix C3 error code on GE dishwasher; The dishwasher will not drain. Disconnect power, reset the dishwasher.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 7
How do I fix C3 error code on dishwasher; Disconnect power, reset the dishwasher.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 17
How do I fix C2 error code on dishwasher; The total pump out cycle exceeds 7 minutes. Press RESET to stop the beep.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 6
How do I fix C1 error code on dishwasher; The pump out during drain has exceeded 2 minutes. Clean the air gap. Replace or reposition the hose. Run the disposer to clean it out. If problem persists, contact service.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 7
What does e4 mean on GE dishwasher; water has been detected Fault codeE4on aGE dishwasher meanswater has been detected on the floor of the d/w.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 30
How do I clear the error code on my GE dishwasher; Sometimes disconnecting power to the dishwasher for 30 seconds will clear the fault, error or function code, however there are some cases when further service may be required.GE / Dishwasher Answers: 1 7