LG Room Air Conditioner Installation Operations
MODEL: LWHD1800HR, LWHD2400HR
How to Install the unit
1. To avoid vibration and noise, make sure the unit is installed securely and firmly.
2. Install the unit where the sunlight does not shine directly on the unit. If the unit receives direct sunlight, build an awning to shade the cabinet.
3. There should be no obstacle, like a fence, within 20" which might restrict heat radiation from the condenser.
4. To prevent reducing performance, install the unit so that louvers of the cabinet are not blocked.
5. Install the unit a little obliquely outward not to leak the condensed water into the room (about 1/2" or 1/4 bubble
6. Install the unit with its bottom portion 30~60" above the floor level.
7. Stuff the foam between the top of the unit and the wall to prevent air and insects from getting into the room.
8. The power cord must be connected to an independent circuit. The green wire must be grounded.
9. Connect the drain tube to the base pan hole in the rear side if you need to drain (consult a dealer). Plastic hose or equivalent may be connected to the drain tube.
How to use the Reversible Inlet grille
The grille is designed to clean the filter both upward and downward.
A. BEFORE ATTACHING THE FRONT GRILLE TO THE CABINET, IF YOU WANT TO PULL OUT THE FILTER
1. Open the inlet grille slightly (a).
2. Turn inside out the front grille (a).
3. Disassemble the inlet grille from the front grille with separating the hinged part by inserting a straight type screw-driver tip (b).
4. Then, rotate the inlet grille 180 degrees and insert the hooks into bottom holes of the front grille.
5. Insert the filter and attach the front grille to the cabinet.
B. IF YOU WANT TO PULL OUT THE FILTER DOWNWARD; THE GRILLE IS ALREADY DESIGNED FOR THAT WAY.
NOTICE All supporting parts should be secured to firm wood, masonry, or metal.
• WINDOW REQUIREMENTS
1. This unit is designed for installation in standard double hung windows with actual opening widths from 29" to 41".
The top and bottom window sashes must open sufficiently to allow a clear vertical opening of 18" from the bottom
of the upper sash to the window stool.
2. The stool offset (height between the stool and sill) must be less than 1 1/4".
Installation Kits Contents (some models including installation kit)
Suggested tool Requirements
SCREWDRIVER(+, -), RULER, KNIFE, HAMMER, PENCIL, LEVEL
• PREPARATION OF CHASSIS
1. Remove the screws which fasten the cabinet at both sides and at the back. Keep these two screws which fasten the cabinet at both sides for later use.
2. Slide the unit out from the cabinet by gripping the base pan handle and pulling forward while bracing the cabinet.
3. Cut the window sash seal to the proper length. Peel off the backing and attach the Foam-PE to the underside of the window sash.
4. Remove the backing from Foam-PE with 3 holes and attach it to the bottom of the Top retainer bar.
5. Attach the Top retainer bar onto the top of the cabinet with 3 screws (Type A).
6. Insert the Frame guides into the bottom of the cabinet.
7. Insert the Frame Curtain into the Top retainer bar and Frame guides.
8. Fasten the curtains to the unit with 10 screws (Type A) at both sides.
1. Open the window. Mark a line on the center of the window stool between the side window stop moldings. Loosely attach the sill bracket to the support bracket using the carriage bolt and the lock nut.
2. Attach the sill bracket to the window sill using the screws (Type B). Carefully place the cabinet on the window stool and align the center mark on the bottom front with the center line marked window stool.
3. Using the M-screw and the lock nut, attach the support bracket to the cabinet track hole. Use the first track hole
after the sill bracket on the outer edge of the window sill. Tighten the carriage bolt and the lock nut. Be sure the
cabinet slants outward.
CAUTION: Do not drill a hole in the bottom pan. The unit is designed to operate with approximately 1/2" of water in bottom pan.
4. Pull the bottom window sash down behind the Top retainer bar until they meet.
1. Do not pull the window sash down so tightly that the movement of Frame curtain is restricted. Attach the cabinet to the window stool by driving the screws (Type B) through the cabinet into window stool.
2. The cabinet should be installed with a very slight tilt downward toward the outside.
5. Pull each Frame curtain fully to each window sash track, and pull the bottom window sash down behind the Top retainer bar until it meets.
6. Attach each Frame curtain the window sash by using screws (Type C).
7. Slide the unit into the cabinet.
CAUTION: For security purpose, reinstall screws (Type A) at cabinet's sides.
8. Cut the Foam-strip to the proper length and insert between the upper window sash and the lower window sash.
9. Attach the Window locking bracket with a screw (Type C).
10. Attach the front grille to the cabinet by inserting the tabs on the grille into the tabs on the front of the cabinet.
Push the grille in until it snaps into place.
11. Lift the inlet grille and secure it with a screw (Type A) through the front grille.
12. Window installation of room air conditioner is now completed.
LG Air Conditioner Cabinet Installation
Ask me about:
A sensor may be beeping to indicate that the power is out. If you have a window AC unit, a beeping sound is a fairly common complaint among home owners. The sound may indicate that the filter needs to be changed, that the remote batteries are low, or could be the sign of a more serious problem.
If your AC system is low on refrigerant, it won't cool your home as well as it normally would. Here's the thing: Refrigerant runs in a closed loop through your system. So, if your system is low on refrigerant, it means you have a leak. Frozen refrigerant line on your outdoor unit (you'll see the ice buildup)
We have bought three large LG window unit air conditioners. One lasted four years, one lasted 2 years, and the last one lasted a little over eleven months.
A CH 24 error code indicates a pressure switch error. Make sure the air filter to the unit is clean. Remove any items or reposition the unit so that the air flow is not obstructed. Perform a reset on the unit by unplugging it for at least 3 minutes. Restore power to the unit.
Askme / 7/11/2019 10:39:04 AM (Original: 1000X1000 px)
Askme / 7/11/2019 10:39:59 AM (Original: 650X650 px)
Askme / 7/11/2019 10:40:39 AM (Original: 750X480 px)
Askme / 7/11/2019 1:06:20 PM (Original: 940X620 px)
My Vaillant Combi Failed, How Do I Reset My Vaillant Boiler? How do you clear the fault code on a Vaillant boiler?Vaillant / Boiler Answers: 2 9
What will PlayStation 5 cost, How much should the PS5 cost: PlayStation 5 Cost $500 and Release November 2020. Sony Interactive Entertainment has said when the PlayStation 5 will releaseSony / PS5 Answers: 1 3
Can I use coconut oil after epilating; As a general rule, you want to work with the natural direction of hair growth. Also, make sure both the skin and tools are clean before epilating. What natural at home products are to be used after face epilation? Facial lotion, coconut oil, or baby oil are allBraun / Silk-epil 9 Flex Answers: 1 66
Should I Epilate with or against the grain; While it is important to hold the skin taut, the epilator shouldn't' be pressed down against the skin. The epilator should be used “against the grain” (against the direction of hair growth), in a slow, but steady manner. If you rush you may miss hairs or cBraun / Silk-epil 9 Flex Answers: 1 92
Why are my legs not smooth after epilating; While it is possible, your legs will probably not be smooth when you first epilate. It really depends on your genetics, when you last shaved, and how you well you epilate. After the first couple of sessions, it's common that that you may still feel a tinyBraun / Silk-epil 9 Flex Answers: 1 21
Can you use soap with an epilator; Epilating makes you prone to ingrown hairs so you need to exfoliate when you epilate. But even if you do end up using a chemical exfoliation treatment, you can't cleanse the skin afterwards. So you may as well just shower beforehand.Braun / Silk-epil 9 Flex Answers: 1 62
I have a 6th sense whirlpool and now it showing on the display 0-n on display and it not starting . Where it the problemWhirlpool / 6th sens Answers: 1 846
GIGABYTE Motherboard using Xpress Recovery2. Xpress Recovery2 is designed to provide quick backup and restoration of hard disk data. Supporting Microsoft operating systems including Windows XP/2000/NT/98/Me and DOS, and file systems including FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS, Xpress Recovery2.GIGABYTE / GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard Answers: 1 22
GIGABYTE GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard Debug LED Codes: Regular Boot Codes, S3 Resume Codes, Recovery Codes, Error Codes. Learn Debug LED Codes for GA-990FX-Gaming MotherboardGIGABYTE / GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard Answers: 1 681
Does 802.11d support 5GHz? What is WiFi 802.11b G N? Why is Wi-Fi called 802.11? What is the best 802.11ax routers? Is 802.11ax backwards compatible?ASUS / DSL-N16 xDSL Modem Router Answers: 2 6
What is the best wireless modem? What is the best modem router combo? Learn Best DSL Modem, xDSL, Modem Router Combo. Best router for dsl modem, dsl modem and wireless router and best vdsl adsl modem router. What are the best modem router combo?ASUS / DSL-N16 xDSL Modem Router Answers: 1 6
Does the summit WLAN radio support 802.11n? VDR-301N Modem High-speed 802.11n Wireless Connectivity. What frequency does 802.11n use?PLANET Modem / VDR-301N Modem Answers: 2 4
How to Deregister the LG Smart TV Magic Remote; Press the and (Home) buttons at the same time, for five seconds, to unpair the Magic Remote with your TV.Pressing and holding the button will let you cancel and re-register Magic Remote at once.LG / 4K Smart OLED TV Answers: 2 110
How do I find my security key for Comcast? To find and/or change your network security key read this.Comcast Xfinity / Modem Trouble Shooting Answers: 1 1855