Faucet Installation Replace a Bathroom Faucet
How to Install a Bathroom Faucet. Replace a Faucet Like a Plumber. Is it hard to change a bathroom faucet?Subject: Plumbing - Sub Subject: Faucet Installation
Date: 1/9/2020 Status: SOLVED
5 answered / 3 voted, 5 viewed.
Is it hard to change a bathroom faucet?
Replace a Bathroom Faucet. Replacing a leaky or outdatedfaucetisn't asdifficultas you might think. You can tackle the project with a basin wrench and a few other common tools. It should usually take no more than about an hour.
How to Replace Bathroom Faucets
- Remove the screws at the cabinet door hinges with a screwdriver and and take off the door. Turn off the hot and cold supply valves at the back wall under the sink. Open the sinks faucets and allow any water in the lines to drain out.
- Place a 1-gallon bucket under one of the supply valves to catch residual water. Loosen the lower supply-line fitting that attaches to the valve with and adjustable wrench and pull the lower end of the line off the valve. Move the bucket under the opposite valve and remove the lower end of the supply line at that valve.
- Slide the spring clip off the lower end of the stopper rod on a faucet set and push the rod upward. Pull out the stopper rod from above. Skip this step if the sink has two faucets instead of a set with a drain stopper rod.
- Loosen the fittings where the upper ends of the hot and cold supply lines connect to the threaded tubes that extend downward from a faucet. Detach the fittings and remove the supply lines. Loosen and remove the nuts at the upper portion of each threaded tube with an open-end wrench. Slide the washers off the tubes. Push upward on the lower end of a tube to raise the base of the faucet above the top of the sink. Pull off the single faucet or faucet set.
- Remove any debris from the sink's top where the faucets were installed using a plastic putty knife and a rag.
Installing the Faucets
- Slide a new nylon washer and new rubber washer onto the threaded tube at the lower side of a single faucet. Slide a nylon plate and rubber gasket on both tubes for a single-lever faucet or dual-faucet set and spout assembly.
- Insert the threaded tube, or dual tubes, into the ports on the tip of the sink where the old faucet or set was removed and position the faucet on the top of the sink's back rim. Work from below and slide the provided rigid washer onto the lower end of each tube, and thread a provided nut onto a tube. Tighten the nut with the open-end wrench.
- Screw the fitting at one end of a new flexible supply line onto the end of a threaded tube. Thread the fitting at the lower end of the line onto the valve where the old line was removed. Tighten the fittings with adjustable pliers. Repeat this at the opposite tube on a faucet set.
- Insert the new stopper rod for a faucet set through the hole at the faucet housing from above. Connect the lower end of the rod to the existing stopper rod at the back of the tailpiece with the new spring clip.
- Turn on the new faucet, or a faucet set. Turn on the hot and cold supply valves under the sink. Allow the water to run in the sink's bowl and check all connections for drips. Tighten a fitting at a supply line, if necessary.
Can a plumber install my new bathroom faucet?
Plumberswill indeedinstallanewfaucetinyourbathroom. In fact, if theplumberwas already at your house dealing with a leakyfaucet, they may be able todothat replacement the same day. It’s not terribly difficult for aplumberto replace abathroomfaucet, as it’s a very routine job for an experienced professional.
Installing a 8" - 15" Widespread Bathroom Faucet with a Push & Seal Drain
Plumbing / Faucet Installation Installing a 8" - 15" Widespread Bathroom Faucet with a Push & Seal Drain: How to install a 8" - 15" Widespread Bathroom Faucet With A Push & Seal Drain featuring the Pasadena Collection. Watch on Youtube
How to Install a Moen Centerset Faucet
Plumbing / Faucet Installation How to Install a Moen Centerset Faucet: This how to video from Moen quickly runs through all the parts, tools, precautions and steps you need to give your bathroom a new look by properly installing... Watch on Youtube
Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Installation
Plumbing / Faucet Installation Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Installation: Let us walk you through the simple steps towards installing your brand new Metris single hole bathroom faucet, as you can see installation is easy.. Watch on Youtube
ANSWERS Write an Answer
❝Faucet Installation Replace a Bathroom Faucet❞ answers. technician asked first. Total 5 replies.
🚩 Fairfield, CA?
🔥 Pomona, CA?
- Bathroom faucet replacement
- Installing a new faucet
- Sink faucet upgrade
- DIY faucet installation
- Plumbing fixture replacement
- Bathroom sink renovation
- Faucet swap-out
- Fixture upgrade project
- Plumbing installation guide
- Water tap replacement
- Faucet removal process
- Sink hardware installation
- Bathroom fixture upgrade
- DIY plumbing renovation
- New faucet assembly
- Sink faucet installation
- Replacing old faucet
- Bathroom renovation project
- Fixture replacement tutorial
- Plumbing fixture upgrade
- Installing a modern faucet
- DIY bathroom improvement
- Water tap installation
- Faucet change-out
- Sink faucet makeover
- Fixture replacement steps
- Bathroom plumbing DIY
- Faucet removal and installation
- Sink hardware replacement
- Home improvement plumbing
What are some tips for maintaining my plumbing system, and how often should I have it inspected? What are some warning signs of a plumbing emergency, and how can I prepare for one?Plumbing / Maintaining my plumbing system Answers: 5 6
How can I prevent my pipes from freezing in cold weather, and what should I do if they do freeze? What are some common causes of burst pipes, and how can I prevent them?Plumbing / Pipes Answers: 5 5
How can I improve the water pressure in my home, and what are the causes of low water pressure? What are some dangers of high water pressure, and how can I prevent them?Plumbing / Improve the water pressure Answers: 5 6
What are the benefits of installing a tankless water heater, and how does it work? What are some common problems with tankless water heaters, and how can they be fixed?Plumbing / Installing a tankless water heater Answers: 5 5
What is a sewer line inspection, and why do I need one? How can I tell if my sewer line is clogged or damaged, and what should I do about it?Plumbing / Sewer line inspection Answers: 5 6
How do I choose the right size and type of water softener for my home? What are the benefits of having a water softener, and how does it work?Plumbing / Water softener Answers: 5 6
What are some eco-friendly plumbing solutions that I can use in my home? How can I save water and reduce my water bill with plumbing upgrades?Plumbing / Plumbing solutions Answers: 5 6
How can I determine if my water heater needs to be replaced, or if it can be repaired? How often should I replace my water heater, and what are the signs that it is failing?Plumbing / Water heater Answers: 5 6
Can I install a new toilet myself, or should I hire a professional plumber to do it? What are the steps involved in replacing a toilet?Plumbing / Install a new toilet Answers: 5 4
What are the most common plumbing issues in a house, and how can I fix them? What are some signs that I need to call a plumber for help with my plumbing problems?Plumbing / Plumbing issues Answers: 5 8
LG Room Air Conditioner Installation OperationsMODEL: LWHD1800HR, LWHD2400HRHow to Install the unit 1. To avoid vibration and noise, make sure the un38
LG French Door Refrigerator Instructions For UseBefore useClean the refrigerator.Clean your refrigerator thoroughly and wipe off all dust that accumul44
MSI 990FXA Gaming Motherboard SpecificationsCPU Support: Supports AMD FX/ Phenom II / Athlon II and Sempron processors for the AM3/ AM3+ socket.Hypert63
GIGABYTE GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard Hardware InstallationThe motherboard contains numerous delicate electronic circuits and components which can beco140
Plumbing SystemPlumbing is any system that conveys fluids for a wide range of applications. Plumbing uses pipes, valves, plumbing fixtures, tanks, and7