How to use Xpress Recovery2?
GIGABYTE Motherboard using Xpress Recovery2. Xpress Recovery2 is designed to provide quick backup and restoration of hard disk data. Supporting Microsoft operating systems including Windows XP/2000/NT/98/Me and DOS, and file systems including FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS, Xpress Recovery2.Subject: GIGABYTE - Sub Subject: GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard
Date: 4/25/2020 Status: ACTIVE
See also the answer to this question: GIGABYTE GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard Hardware, BIOS and Drivers Installation
ANSWERS Write an Answer
❝How to use Xpress Recovery2?❞ answers. technician asked first. Total 1 replies.
How to use Xpress Recovery2?
XpressRecovery2is designed to provide quick backup and restoration of hard disk data. Supporting Microsoft operating systems including Windows XP/2000/NT/98/Me and DOS, and file systems includingFAT16,FAT32, andNTFS, XpressRecovery2is able to back up data on hard disks onPATAandSATAIDE controllers. After XpressRecovery2is executed from CD-ROM for the first time, it will stay permanent in your hard disk. If you wish to run XpressRecovery2later, you can simply pressF9during systembootupto enter XpressRecovery2without the CD-ROM.System requirements:
- At least64Mbytes of system memory
- VESA-supportedVGA cards
How to use the XpressRecovery2Initial access by booting from CD-ROM and subsequent access by pressing theF9key: Steps: After entering BIOS Setup, go to Advanced BIOS Feature and set to boot from CD-ROM. Save the settings and exit the BIOS Setup. Insert the provided driver CD into your CD-ROM drive. Upon system restart, the message which says "Boot from CD/DVD:" will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. Press any key to enter XpressRecovery2. After the steps above are completed, subsequent access to XpressRecovery2can be made by simply pressing thekey during system power-on.
- If you have already entered XpressRecovery2by booting from the CD-ROM, you can enter XpressRecovery2by pressing thekey in the future.
- System storage capacity and the reading/writing speed of the hard disk will affect the data backup speed.
- It is recommended that XpressRecovery2be immediately installed once you complete installations of OS and all required drivers as well as software.
The Main Screen of XpressRecovery2
- RESTORE:Restore the backed-up data to your hard disk. (This button will not appear if there is no backup file.)
- BACKUP:Back up data from hard disk.
- REMOVE:Remove previously-created backup files to release disk space.
- (This button will not appear if there is no backup file.)
- REBOOT:Exit the main screen and restart the system.
- Limitations:Not compatible to Xpress Recovery.
- For the use of XpressRecovery2, a primary partition must be reserved.
- XpressRecovery2will store the backup file at the end of the hard disk, so free space available on the hard disk for the backup file must be allocated in advance. (A minimum4GBis recommended but the actual space is dependent on the size of the data to be backed up)
- Capable of backing up hard disks installed with Windows operating systems including DOS and Windows XP/2000/NT/9x/Me.
- USB hard disks are currently not supported.
- Does not support RAID/AHCI(class code 0104/0106) hard disks.
- Capable of backing up and restoring only the first physical hard disk.
- Hard disks detection sequence is as follows:
- PATAIDE primary channel
- PATAIDE secondary channel
- SATAIDE channel 1
- SATAIDE channel 2
- SATAIDE channel 3
- SATAIDE channel 4
- Precautions:When using hard disks with more than128Gunder Windows 2000, be sure to execute the EnableBigLba.exe program from the driver CD before data backup.
- It is normal that data backup takes longer time than data restoration.
- XpressRecovery2is compliant with theGPLregulations.
- On a few motherboards based onNvidiachipsets, BIOS update is required for XpressRecovery2to correctly identify RAID andSATAIDE mode. Please contact your motherboard manufacturer.
- XpressRecovery2supports onlyPATAhard disks and notSATAhard disks on the following motherboards (As this is a BIOS-related issue, it can be solved by BIOS update)GA-K8UGA-K8U-9GA-K8NXP-SLIGA-K8NUltra-SLIGA-K8NPro-SLIGA-K8NXP-9GA-K8NUltra-9GA-K8NF-9(PCBVer. 1.0)GA-K8NE(PCBVer. 1.0)GA-K8NMF-9GA-8N-SLIRoyalGA-8N-SLIProGA-8N-SLI
RELATED BEST GIGABYTE GAMING MOTHERBOARDS
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X (Intel LGA1151/Z390/ATX/2xM.2/Realtek ALC892/Intel LAN/HDMI/Gaming Motherboard)
GIGABYTE / GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X (Intel LGA1151/Z390/ATX/2xM.2/Realtek ALC892/Intel LAN/HDMI/Gaming Motherboard):
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- New 10+2 Phases digital PWM Design; Form Factor: ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm
- Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 (1 with thermal Guard) & SATA interface
- 2-Way Crossfire Multi-Graphics Support with PCIe Armor and Ultra Durable Design
- Intel native USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A
GIGABYTE B450 Gaming X (AMD Ryzen AM4/ 1xM.2/Hmdi/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/ATX/Motherboard)
GIGABYTE / GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard GIGABYTE B450 Gaming X (AMD Ryzen AM4/ 1xM.2/Hmdi/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/ATX/Motherboard):
- Supports AMD RYZEN 2nd generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st generation processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Hdmi, DVI-D ports for multiple display
- Ultra-fast NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2
- High quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard design
GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming K5 (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X370/ RGB FUSION/ SMART FAN 5/ HDMI/ M.2/ USB 3.1 Type-C/ ATX/ DDR4/ Motherboard)
GIGABYTE / GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming K5 (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X370/ RGB FUSION/ SMART FAN 5/ HDMI/ M.2/ USB 3.1 Type-C/ ATX/ DDR4/ Motherboard):
- Supports AMD Ryzen & 7th Generation A-series/Athlon Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Fast 4 USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C and Type-A
- 2-Way CrossFire/SLI Multi-Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable Design
- Ultra-Fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
What is the issue with the 70 inch LG TV where the picture disappears 10 seconds after turning it on, but the sound still works?
LG TV 70 inch TV is turned on 10 seconds after the picture is gone, but there is sound.LG / TV Answers: 1 2
What can I do if the Cambridge Audio Azur 640A V2.0 is not responding to the remote control?Cambridge / Audio Azur Answers: 1 2
How to fix Canon Imagerunner advance 2030 error code E000196-1BFF?Canon / Imagerunner 2030 Answers: 1 2
How to Creating Music in Logic Pro? How to Creating and Importing Your Musical Material? How to Understanding the Basics of Projects and Regions?Logic Pro / Creating Music Answers: 1 2
How to Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch? How to Send a payment from Apple Watch? How to Cancel a payment?Apple Watch / Send, receive, and request money Answers: 1 2
How to Set up Apple Pay on Apple Watch? How to Remove a card from Apple Pay? How to Change your default transaction details?Apple Watch / Set up Apple Pay Answers: 2 3
How to Use Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch? How to Invite a friend to use Walkie-Talkie? How to Make yourself unavailable? How to Talk with a single tap?Apple Watch / Using Walkie-Talkie Answers: 1 2
How to Set timers on Apple Watch? Quickly set a timer, pause or end? How to Create a custom timer? How to Create multiple timers?Apple Watch / Set timers Answers: 1 2
How to Use your Apple Watch to control Apple TV? How to Pair your Apple Watch with Apple TV? How to Control Apple TV with Apple Watch? Unpair and remove Apple TVApple Watch / Control Apple TV Answers: 1 2
How to Use Apple Watch to control music on a Mac or PC? How to Add a music library? How to Control playback from Apple Watch? How to Choose a media library to play from? How to Remove a media library?Apple Watch / Control music on Mac or PC Answers: 2 3
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING Motherboard BIOS SetupBIOS (Basic Input and Output System) stores system hardware settings such as storage device configu31
MSI 990FXA Gaming Motherboard SpecificationsCPU Support: Supports AMD FX/ Phenom II / Athlon II and Sempron processors for the AM3/ AM3+ socket.Hypert59
GIGABYTE GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard Hardware InstallationThe motherboard contains numerous delicate electronic circuits and components which can beco110
A motherboard (alternatively known as the mainboard, main circuit board, system board, baseboard, planar board or logic board, or colloquially, a mobo24