How to fix CD ROM Drive Problems Desktops or Laptops?
Can't find DVD drive Windows 10? Where is CD drive on my Computer? How to Install Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive DVD? Why is my CD drive not working?Subject: CD ROM Drive - Sub Subject: Desktops or Laptops
Date: 7/9/2019 Status: ACTIVE
ANSWERS Write an Answer
❝How to fix CD ROM Drive Problems Desktops or Laptops?❞ answers. technician asked first. Total 1 replies.
See if CD drive is recognized by BIOS
To check if your CD drive is recognized byBIOS, do the following:
- Restart your computer
- On the startup, enter BIOS, by pressing the appropriate key (usually it’s DEL or F10)
- When you enter BIOS, navigate to Storage tab, and then go to Device Configuration and press Enter
- Look for your CD/DVD drive under Device Configuration subscreen
If you can’t find your disc drive under Device Configuration, than your problem is probably hardware-related, so you should contact the tech support, or consider getting a new CD/DVD drive.
But if your drive is detected by BIOS than the problem is software-related, so check some of the following solutions.
Use Device Manager to solve the problem
Once you determined that your disc drive is present in BIOS, and that the problem probably isn’t hardware-related, but your disc drive still doesn’t recognize discs, or it’s not show in theFile Explorer, perform a couple of actions in Device Manger, and maybe you’ll solve the problem:
- Go to Search, type devicemanager and openDevice Manager
- Find DVD/CD-ROM drives section and expand it
- Update disc drive drivers
- If drivers are up to date, next thing we’re going to try is to reinstall the disc drive. To uninstall DVD/CD drive, right click on it and go to Uninstall
- When you uninstall the device, go to Action, and then to Scan for hardware changes
- After the process is finished, your disc drive should appear in the Device Manager again
Can't find DVD drive Windows 10?
- Try uninstalling the device in Dev mgr, wait 2 or 3 minutes and if Windows doesn't cycle though hardware changes, right click any device and select Scan for Hardware changes.
- You might also want to check File and Folder options in File Explorer: press the blue file menu,select Change folder and Serach options select the View tab, is show empty drives selected?
- It would help members if you could post a screen shot of Dev mgr device properties (post the first 4 tabs)
- If it is an unknown device -post the General tab and the Details. On the Details tab, select Hardware IDs from the drop down box
I'm not sure if these suggestions will help. I had a similar issue with a CD drive on a Vista box, turned out to be a hardware issue on the Mobo. The optical drive is really controlled by a few settings (DVD, CD, Writer) and when it doesn't work, it is hard to diagnose.
If the device worked before (recently), it's a Win10 issue, and it might be version specific. There are known issues with AMD graphics drivers, this might extend to the chipset as well - those with Intel boards / CPUs can ignore this part. It's a guess anyway.
If you're comfortable with hardware, you might try removing the optical drive from the box, restarting without it attached, and then shut down, reinstall the optical drive and start up the machine.
Follow instructions in the service manual for your device or on the manufacturer website
Where is CD drive on my Computer?
Playing aCDin Windows 1 Press the Eject button on your discdrive. This is typically located on the front plate of the discdrive, on the bottom-right.
What type of Kitchen Sink should I buy? New kitchen sinks and How do you install a new kitchen sink? How long does it take to replace kitchen sink?Plumbing / Kitchen sinks Answers: 1 10
How to Install a Bathroom Faucet. Replace a Faucet Like a Plumber. Is it hard to change a bathroom faucet?Plumbing / Faucet Installation Answers: 1 3
Can't find DVD drive Windows 10? Where is CD drive on my Computer? How to Install Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive DVD? Why is my CD drive not working?CD ROM Drive / Desktops or Laptops Answers: 1 6
HUAWEI MediaPad T5, Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8inch, Huawei MediaPa d M5 8.4inch, MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8inch: What can I do if my Tablet finds my Huawei Sport Heart Rate Bluetooth headset, but won't connect?Huawei / Bluetooth Headset Answers: 1 3
My iPhone 7 worked fine until a few hours ago. Now I have no sound and cannot control the volume when it is being charged. When I have it unplugged from charging, it works fine.iPhone 7 / Sound Volume Control Answers: 1 1
The Best Cheapest Cell Phone Plans Available in this year. These inexpensive cell phone plans could cut down your cell phone bill. Best Cheap Cell Phone Plans here.Cell Phone / Cell Phone Plans Answers: 2 3
Sofa Furniture Reupholstery services, companies in Miami, FL. Miami leather repair, Furniture repair, Vinyl repair companies. Hire the Best Furniture Reupholstery Services in Miami, FL.Furniture / Furniture Repair Reupholstery Answers: 3 10
Top 30 and more Plumbing Repair Services in San Francisco. Addresses, Phones. Hire the Best Faucet and Plumbing Repair Services in San Francisco, CA. Plumbing san francisco ca, List of San Francisco plumbing company, Plumbing supply San Francisco, CA.Plumbing Repair Services / San Francisco Answers: 3 6
Best List of Washers Dryers Service Repair in Saint Louis, MO. Washer and Dryers Appliance repair services in St Louis, MO Local appliance repair services. Phone numbers and addresses for the best Washers Dryers Repair Services in Saint Louis, MO.Washer and Dryers / Appliance repair services Answers: 2 4
The Best Plumbing Services in San Diego: List of San Diego's plumbing services as rated by the San Diego, CA. Find Top-Rated San Diego Plumbers. Plumbers San Diego, Emergency Plumbing Services San DiegoPlumbing / Plumbers in San Diego Answers: 3 4
Solving Problems with Your Computer: Troubleshooting TechniquesAudio Problems: If sound is not audiblePress Fn+Up Arrow several timesClick the speaker14
Asus VC65-C Series FeaturesVivoMini MiniBarabone PC Optical Drive (on selected models)Your VivoMini’s optical drive may support several disc formats s9
A motherboard (alternatively known as the mainboard, main circuit board, system board, baseboard, planar board or logic board, or colloquially, a mobo24
Dell Poweredge R230 Troubleshooting system startup failureIf you boot the system to the BIOS boot mode after installing an operating system from the U17